Cajun Squirrel battles Crispy Duck for Walkers Crisps deal
LONDON - Walkers will be offering six new crisp flavours from today including Cajun Squirrel, Crispy Duck and Builder's Breakfast following its competition that asked the public to suggest new flavours.
A team of judges, including Heston Blumenthal, the chef who invented snail porridge and bacon and egg ice cream, chose six winners from more than 1m entries to its 'Do Us a Flavour' competition, which launched in July.
The six finalists, who came up with Cajun Squirrel, Crispy Duck, Onion Bhaji, Fish and Chips, Chocolate and Chilli, and Builder's Breakfast, will each receive £10,000.
The flavour which receives the most votes from the public via Walker's website by May 1 will remain on sale while the other five will be discontinued.
The eventual winner will receive £50,000 and 1% of all profits, estimated at £57,000 a year.
Walkers was only expecting 250,000 entries when it launched the competition in July but was bombarded with about 1.2m suggestions.
Entrants had to submit a flavour and a picture that best summed it up, and where there were multiple entries for the same flavour the judging panel used the pictures as tie-breakers.
Martyn Wright, the online retailer from Staffordshire who invented the Cajun Squirrel flavour, said: "The idea might sound bizarre, but it really works."
The campaign is developed and managed by experiential agency Not Actual Size with digital work by Jigsaw and above the line creative by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO. OMD handled media planning and buying.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)