MEN Media disbands its motoring sales team
LONDON - MEN Media, the Guardian Media Group-owned regional publisher, has closed its motoring sales team with the loss of 10 jobs.
Ruth Spratt, who replaced Mark Rix as managing director of MEN Media in September
MEN, the publisher of the Manchester Evening News, said motoring sales will now be handled by staff within its remaining 150-strong sales team led by MEN Media's new sales director Alistaire Jama, who joined on 12 January. The restructure means a single MEN sales team will sell across print, online and its local TV station, Channel M.
MEN Media's client service directors will handle sales to the motoring clients of their respective media agencies and account managers will look after smaller local motoring clients.
Ruth Spratt, who replaced Mark Rix as managing director of MEN Media in September, said clients will still get "the same level of service" from "key account managers" when buying across MEN Media's multimedia portfolio. She said: "The only thing that might change is the person coming to see them."
All motoring sales will now be handled from MEN Media's office in Stockport, rather than Manchester.
Rix left MEN Media this month to become chief executive of Associated Northcliffe's Dubai operation, Catchpole Communications.
The Manchester Evening News adopted a part-free, part-paid model, with the title handed out free within parts of the city centre and paid-for elsewhere, in May 2006.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...