MEN Media disbands its motoring sales team
LONDON - MEN Media, the Guardian Media Group-owned regional publisher, has closed its motoring sales team with the loss of 10 jobs.
Ruth Spratt, who replaced Mark Rix as managing director of MEN Media in September
MEN, the publisher of the Manchester Evening News, said motoring sales will now be handled by staff within its remaining 150-strong sales team led by MEN Media's new sales director Alistaire Jama, who joined on 12 January. The restructure means a single MEN sales team will sell across print, online and its local TV station, Channel M.
MEN Media's client service directors will handle sales to the motoring clients of their respective media agencies and account managers will look after smaller local motoring clients.
Ruth Spratt, who replaced Mark Rix as managing director of MEN Media in September, said clients will still get "the same level of service" from "key account managers" when buying across MEN Media's multimedia portfolio. She said: "The only thing that might change is the person coming to see them."
All motoring sales will now be handled from MEN Media's office in Stockport, rather than Manchester.
Rix left MEN Media this month to become chief executive of Associated Northcliffe's Dubai operation, Catchpole Communications.
The Manchester Evening News adopted a part-free, part-paid model, with the title handed out free within parts of the city centre and paid-for elsewhere, in May 2006.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Senior Analyst Direct Recruitment £42,000, Central London
- COPYWRITER - INTERNATIONAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northampton