Global to cut a third of digital team
LONDON - Global Radio is to axe just over a third of its online and interactive team as its recently appointed chief executive, Stephen Miron, concludes his first key review.
Miron: chief executive of Global Radio
Around 40 job losses are expected as the company enters into redundancy consultation with a number of the employees in the 112-strong online and interactive department. Staff are being informed of the changes this morning.
Robin Pembrooke will remain head of Global Radio's interactive operations.
A Global Radio spokesman said: "[Miron's review] highlighted the company's ability to remodel the department ensuring its significant aspirations within the interactive market are met, including the development and integration of a new CMS (Content Management System) across the whole of Global's websites, as well as developing new applications such as the Capital FM IPhone, which will be extended to other devices and brands shortly."
Last year, GCap Media unveiled plans to deepen its online presence with the relaunch of Xfm.co.uk and Capitalradio.co.uk, plus the launch of social networking services around its online properties.
Prior to that, GCap Media created a dedicated online sales team to capitalise on opportunities presented by the growing partnership of radio with online.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...