T-Mobile unleashes guerilla dance routine at Liverpool Street
LONDON - Saatchi & Saatchi's latest ad for T-Mobile will be on air less than 48 hours after being filmed this morning at London's Liverpool Street station, where 350 dancers performed routines as commuters passed through the concourse.
'Dance', created by Saatchi & Saatchi London, was produced using hidden TV cameras within the station, which captured the spontaneous reactions of commuters as they watched the dance troupe perform.
The three-minute guerrilla-style ad, which is part of T-Mobile's 'Life's for Sharing' campaign, is to premiere during an entire ad break in 'Celebrity Big Brother' on Channel 4 tomorrow night, less than 48 hours after filming began.
Lysa Hardy, head of brand and communications at T-Mobile, said: "'Dance' brings to life the fact that there are often unexpected, wonderful, exciting things that happen that you want to be able to share with your friends and family.
"T-Mobile has a strong history of innovation when it comes to product development and customer service, but now with this campaign, we're making an even bolder statement about the power of sharing, so everyone knows what T-Mobile uniquely stands for.
"This campaign allows us to let people learn a bit more about us as a company on a more emotional level, whilst showing how our products and services are always on hand to enable sharing."
Following the premiere of the full-length ad tomorrow night, a 60-second version will run for two weeks, followed by a series of ads which start to weave in more specific product and price plan information.
Viewers watching the ad on TV will be able to view extra footage of the making of the ad by pressing the red button on their remote.
T-Mobile has also created a dedicated YouTube channel for users to upload videos and view humorous clips featuring celebrities being taught how to do the T-Mobile dance by dancer and choreographer Bryony Albert.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London