The Damned United promo to launch on Setanta tonight
LONDON - Ids and Avanti Screenmedia have struck a deal with Sony Pictures to launch the TV promotional campaign for its upcoming film The Damned United, with a special two-minute ad slot on Setanta Sports 1 tonight (23 January).
The Damned United - register at Sonypictures.co.uk for updates on the film release
The trailer for The Damned United, due for release in March, will air just prior to kick-off of the 4th Round FA Cup tie between local rivals Derby County and Nottingham Forest.
The film, starring Michael Sheen and based on David Peace's best-selling book of the same name, tracks Brian Clough's tormented 44-day rein as manager of Leeds United in the 1970s.
Clough is a Derby and Forest legend, having successfully managed both clubs. Clough's son Nigel was recently appointed manager of Derby County.
The deal with Sony Pictures was brokered by Sonia Cunningham at MG OMD, Dan Black at ids and Eddie Barber at Avanti Screenmedia.
Avanti Screenmedia handles Setanta's out-of-home sales, while Ids operates as the sales house for Setanta Sports as well as Virgin Media Television, UKTV and Virginmedia.com.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)