Wrigley readies US gum brand 5 for UK debut
LONDON - Wrigley is launching its first new gum brand in the UK for more than a decade with a premium range called 5, aimed at younger consumers.
The product will roll out from May. Initially available in spearmint, peppermint and a fruit flavour, it will target the 18-30 age group. The sugar-free gum is already available in the US, where it was launched in 2007.
5 will be priced at a premium over other gum brands in the Wrigley portfolio, but a spokeswoman said a final decision on the exact amount has yet to be made.
The UK launch will be backed by a heavyweight marketing campaign with ads created by BBDO New York. The campaign in the US has been built on the theme 'Stimulate your senses'.
Wrigley is currently running a TV campaign for its Extra product, the top-selling sugar confectionery brand in the UK. The ad shows two dancers with different styles coming together, to illustrate that the brand brings people closer.
Wrigley had an 87% share of the gum market in 2008, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England