Wrigley readies US gum brand 5 for UK debut
LONDON - Wrigley is launching its first new gum brand in the UK for more than a decade with a premium range called 5, aimed at younger consumers.
The product will roll out from May. Initially available in spearmint, peppermint and a fruit flavour, it will target the 18-30 age group. The sugar-free gum is already available in the US, where it was launched in 2007.
5 will be priced at a premium over other gum brands in the Wrigley portfolio, but a spokeswoman said a final decision on the exact amount has yet to be made.
The UK launch will be backed by a heavyweight marketing campaign with ads created by BBDO New York. The campaign in the US has been built on the theme 'Stimulate your senses'.
Wrigley is currently running a TV campaign for its Extra product, the top-selling sugar confectionery brand in the UK. The ad shows two dancers with different styles coming together, to illustrate that the brand brings people closer.
Wrigley had an 87% share of the gum market in 2008, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London