WPP's Enfatico slashes 8% of its workforce
LONDON - Enfatico, the agency set up by WPP last year to service Dell, is cutting 8% of its global staff, approximately 80 to 100 people, as a result of the PC maker's cutbacks and reduced marketing spend.
Boone said that the decision is "a direct result of the global recession and the pressures affecting virtually all aspects of the economy, especially the technology sector".
Dell has slashed thousands of jobs and cut back its marketing efforts and Boone said that Enfatico must "in turn, streamline our business".
In the memo Boone offers words of encouragement to staff, calling for the agency to "focus on building a successful business on behalf of WPP's shareholders".
He said: "We have several new business pitches in the works, and we are hopeful to announce some positive news on this front soon."
IPG's The Martin Agency is also making redundancies due to client cutbacks. It is getting rid of 5% of its workforce, around 24 employees.
The cuts come as it emerges that Omnicom's DDB network is following the route of Enfatico by setting up a group around its new client Blockbuster.
DDB is understood to be pulling together a number of pre-existing groups to support the new venture, called DDB Entertainment, including Ant Farm, youth branding group Uproar and the agency's LA-based entertainment wing.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...