NatMag cuts 15 per cent of its staff
LONDON - The National Magazine Company is making 15 per cent of its staff redundant, in a bid to cut costs in the face of what it described as "unprecedented economic challenges to the business".
It is expected that the number of people affected will be close to, but
fewer than 100.
Duncan Edwards, the NatMag chief executive, said dramatically worse business conditions than had been forecast six months ago had forced NatMag to take the measure.
Edwards said: "These are the worst conditions that we have faced in my
twenty years at NatMag and the impact to the revenue side of our business is
largely outside of our control."
“We are therefore acting now to reduce the cost base of the business to
enable us to get through this period in the best shape we can."
"It is a matter of enormous regret that we will be parting company with so many
colleagues and we will do everything we can to minimise the redundancies and
to ensure that those that do go are treated well."
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...