MEN Media sheds 150 jobs and closes weekly newspaper offices
LONDON - Manchester Evening News and local weekly papers owner MEN Media is to shed 150 jobs including 78 editorial roles and close eight offices around the Manchester area.
Management is currently holding a series of briefings with MEN's approximately 720 staff to inform them about the cuts.
The structure of MEN Media's local TV channel Channel M, which employs an additional 80 people, is still under a separate review and an announcement will be made in the near future.
None of the newspapers published by MEN, which include the Rochdale Observer and the Stockport Express, will be closed.
However, production of all weeklies will be moved to MEN's Scott Place offices in Manchester and offices closed in Accrington, Ashton, Macclesfield, Oldham, Rochdale, Rossendale, Salford and Wilmslow.
The Stockport office will be kept open but no editorial staff will be based there.
There will also be an announcement tomorrow regarding Guardian Media Group's other regional newspapers business, Surrey and Berkshire Media.
This group includes titles such as the Surrey Advertiser and the Reading Post.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...