BBC fears backlash over 'expensive' ad
LONDON - The launch of an ad for BBC Radio 1, created by Fallon, has been put on hold by the BBC because of fears of a backlash from licence-fee payers.
BBC...holding back Fallon ad
The BBC has yet to decide if it will ever air the ad, which promotes Radio 1's DJs, because it feels that the spot looks too expensive.
It is not known how much the film cost to produce, although it is understood that it did not attract an extravagant production budget.
Other BBC roster agencies have also expressed concerns that the BBC is asking them to produce work that "looks good, but not too good", in response to growing pressures that the licence fee is spent resourcefully during recession.
The news comes two days after a paper by the Centre for Policy Studies called for BBC funding to be cut.
A BBC spokeswoman said: "We are still working out the best way to play out the campaign to be most effective in reaching younger audiences.
"The production costs are in line with other BBC campaigns of a similar scale and we work hard to ensure we deliver good value for our marketing spend."
The last major ad push for Radio 1 was "meet the DJs", a campaign by Agency Republic, which ran in cinemas and online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...