Chelsea Football Club to bring fans latest news via Twitter
LONDON - Chelsea Football Club has lauched its own Twitter account giving fans news and behind the scenes observations.
The microblog is written under the name of the team mascot Stamford the Lion, who reports from the club's training ground in Cobham as well as from Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea's communication and public affairs Director, Simon Greenberg, said: ‘We want our Twitter to have its own tangible personality, a little bit of mystery and be fun. Our mascot Stamford the Lion seemed the obvious choice because Stamford's identity has always been a very closely guarded secret and the origin of our "tweets" will also be.
‘Hopefully people will want to follow what Stamford is doing and seeing. What we can guarantee is that the mixture of content will come from the heart of the club, and be real, from breaking news to day-to-day inane routine, which is what makes this form of communication so compelling', he added.
Read more at: Ed Kemp on Sports Marketing
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...