Google in talks to buy Twitter
LONDON - Google is in talks to buy the social media micro blogging site Twitter, according to reports.
Twitter... possible sale
The technology blog Techcrunch has stated that the companies are in late-stage acquisition talks, with a view to a possible sale.
As yet, no price has been mentioned, although it is likely to be substantially more than the $500 million that Twitter turned down from Facebook in November 2008.
After turning down Facebook's offer, Twitter's co-founder Biz Stone said that the company was keen to remain independent to allow it to explore the possible ways of building a functioning revenue model.
Last month, reports also emerged that Amazon, the online retailer, was considering making a bid for Twitter.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)