Google in talks to buy Twitter
LONDON - Google is in talks to buy the social media micro blogging site Twitter, according to reports.
Twitter... possible sale
The technology blog Techcrunch has stated that the companies are in late-stage acquisition talks, with a view to a possible sale.
As yet, no price has been mentioned, although it is likely to be substantially more than the $500 million that Twitter turned down from Facebook in November 2008.
After turning down Facebook's offer, Twitter's co-founder Biz Stone said that the company was keen to remain independent to allow it to explore the possible ways of building a functioning revenue model.
Last month, reports also emerged that Amazon, the online retailer, was considering making a bid for Twitter.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester