Google in talks to buy Twitter
LONDON - Google is in talks to buy the social media micro blogging site Twitter, according to reports.
Twitter... possible sale
The technology blog Techcrunch has stated that the companies are in late-stage acquisition talks, with a view to a possible sale.
As yet, no price has been mentioned, although it is likely to be substantially more than the $500 million that Twitter turned down from Facebook in November 2008.
After turning down Facebook's offer, Twitter's co-founder Biz Stone said that the company was keen to remain independent to allow it to explore the possible ways of building a functioning revenue model.
Last month, reports also emerged that Amazon, the online retailer, was considering making a bid for Twitter.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)