Publicis beats WPP to Visa 2012 ad task
LONDON - Publicis Groupe has scooped the pan-European advertising account for Visa's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
Olympics...Publicis Groupe picks up pan-European 2012 ad account
The Publicis pitch team, which was headed by the SSF UK chief executive, Robert Senior, netted the business after a shoot-out against a team from WPP, led by Johnny Hornby, the CHI & Partners chief executive.
The brief will see the Pub-licis agencies Saatchi & Saatchi, Publicis Dialog, ZenithOptimedia, Digitas and Freud Communications work on the communications planning, integrated advertising and PR surrounding Visa's sponsorship of the event.
It is understood that the brief has also been broadened to encompass marketing activity around Visa's sponsorship of the Fifa World Cup in 2010 and the Winter Olympics in the same year.
The appointment will not affect Visa's relationship with Mediaedge:cia, which handles its media planning and buying, or its sister agency MEC Access, which handles sponsorship and content duties.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London