Publicis beats WPP to Visa 2012 ad task
LONDON - Publicis Groupe has scooped the pan-European advertising account for Visa's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
Olympics...Publicis Groupe picks up pan-European 2012 ad account
The Publicis pitch team, which was headed by the SSF UK chief executive, Robert Senior, netted the business after a shoot-out against a team from WPP, led by Johnny Hornby, the CHI & Partners chief executive.
The brief will see the Pub-licis agencies Saatchi & Saatchi, Publicis Dialog, ZenithOptimedia, Digitas and Freud Communications work on the communications planning, integrated advertising and PR surrounding Visa's sponsorship of the event.
It is understood that the brief has also been broadened to encompass marketing activity around Visa's sponsorship of the Fifa World Cup in 2010 and the Winter Olympics in the same year.
The appointment will not affect Visa's relationship with Mediaedge:cia, which handles its media planning and buying, or its sister agency MEC Access, which handles sponsorship and content duties.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London