The Dead partners with Blurb to sell personalised concert books
LONDON - Rock band The Dead, featuring original Grateful Dead members Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart, and Bill Kreutzmann, is using the internet to help fans personalise concert photobooks commemorating its 2009 US tour.
The Dead plans to create a total of 22 books, one to document each concert on its tour schedule.
Creative publishing and marketing platform Blurb will enable The Dead fans to create personal covers for each book using a web-based cover creation tool on its website.
The tool allows fans to use their own photograph as a cover image in place of the standard cover offered.
Books from each Dead show will be available from Blurb's online bookstore within 72 hours of the final encore of each show and, as a thank you to its fans, The Dead is covering the $5 per book fee for personal covers until June 30.
Jay Blakesberg, photographer for the upcoming Dead tour, said: "Extending the concert experience via personalised, professional-quality photography books, available within days following each show, is unlike any band merchandising I've ever seen.
"The speed of Blurb's publishing platform meant we could create books with unique content for every tour stop."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London