Independent website invests in new online video player
LONDON - Independent.co.uk is investing in a new online video player that will initially host Bebo's online drama, The Gap Year.
Independent: new online video player
The new video channel, still in development stages, will host short-form content across the Independent website and will replace its previous video channel, which was taken off the site several months ago.
A wider range of content on the new video player is expected to be rolled out in the next few weeks, which will be produced specifically for the channel or syndicated from other providers.
VoD marketing specialist The Web TV Enterprise will be responsible for lining up complementary brand sponsors to support the channel. Brands will receive in-paper promotional branding, on-site exposure and pre-roll ads around the content.
The newspaper's first partnership for the site is with production company Endemol UK to host its series, The Gap Year, which is featured on social networking site Bebo.
The programme will be embedded and shown on the Independent.co.uk's student section The Gap Year, the paper's large student following.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)