Deutrom to lead Blinkbox section
LONDON - Blinkbox, the video-on-demand website, has appointed former BSkyB executive Scott Deutrom as its first director of advertising and sponsorship.
In his new role, he will lead the advertising division, which includes developing its sales targets and sponsorship and product placement opportunities, as well as managing Blinkbox's third-party sales houses.
Deutrom joins after a 20 month stint at ad network Vibrant Media, where he was European sales director.
Prior to Vibrant Media, Deutrom worked at broadcaster BSkyB for nearly 10 years, joining as TV group head between August 1997 and November 1999 before becoming head of the online sales department within Sky Media.
He began his career at as a TV buyer at MediaVest in 1987.
Blinkbox has also appointed Ana Iglesias as its first managing director to head the website's editorial strategy.
She brings more than eight years' experience in online retail, including most recently as e-commerce and trading manager at Zavvi and, before that, as online content manager at Virgin Entertainment Group.
Both Deutrom and Iglesias will report to chief operating offier and co-founder Adrian Letts.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London