Deutrom to lead Blinkbox section
LONDON - Blinkbox, the video-on-demand website, has appointed former BSkyB executive Scott Deutrom as its first director of advertising and sponsorship.
In his new role, he will lead the advertising division, which includes developing its sales targets and sponsorship and product placement opportunities, as well as managing Blinkbox's third-party sales houses.
Deutrom joins after a 20 month stint at ad network Vibrant Media, where he was European sales director.
Prior to Vibrant Media, Deutrom worked at broadcaster BSkyB for nearly 10 years, joining as TV group head between August 1997 and November 1999 before becoming head of the online sales department within Sky Media.
He began his career at as a TV buyer at MediaVest in 1987.
Blinkbox has also appointed Ana Iglesias as its first managing director to head the website's editorial strategy.
She brings more than eight years' experience in online retail, including most recently as e-commerce and trading manager at Zavvi and, before that, as online content manager at Virgin Entertainment Group.
Both Deutrom and Iglesias will report to chief operating offier and co-founder Adrian Letts.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...