Twitter to be featured in celebrity-tracking reality TV show
NEW YORK - Twitter founder Biz Stone has rejected speculation that the micro blogging service is developing a TV show, but said it has come to an agreement which could see it feature in a series showing people tracking down celebrities.
Variety.com reported yesterday that the San Francisco-based website had partnered with Reveille Productions and Brillstein Entertainment to develop an unscripted TV series that puts "ordinary people on the trail of celebrities in a revolutionary competitive format".
Stone responded to the article on his blog yesterday: "There is no official Twitter TV show -- although if there were it would be fun to cast.
"In dealing with networks and production companies we sometimes have simple agreements.
"Regarding the Reveille and Brillstein project reported today, we have a lightweight, non-exclusive, agreement with the producers which helps them move forward more freely."
The series concept was created by novelist Amy Ephron.
Jon Liebman, chief executive of Brillstein, said: "We've found a compelling way to bring the immediacy of Twitter to life on TV."
Reveille is the production company behind the US version of 'The Office', and Brillstein produced 'The Sopranos'.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...