Twitter to be featured in celebrity-tracking reality TV show
NEW YORK - Twitter founder Biz Stone has rejected speculation that the micro blogging service is developing a TV show, but said it has come to an agreement which could see it feature in a series showing people tracking down celebrities.
Variety.com reported yesterday that the San Francisco-based website had partnered with Reveille Productions and Brillstein Entertainment to develop an unscripted TV series that puts "ordinary people on the trail of celebrities in a revolutionary competitive format".
Stone responded to the article on his blog yesterday: "There is no official Twitter TV show -- although if there were it would be fun to cast.
"In dealing with networks and production companies we sometimes have simple agreements.
"Regarding the Reveille and Brillstein project reported today, we have a lightweight, non-exclusive, agreement with the producers which helps them move forward more freely."
The series concept was created by novelist Amy Ephron.
Jon Liebman, chief executive of Brillstein, said: "We've found a compelling way to bring the immediacy of Twitter to life on TV."
Reveille is the production company behind the US version of 'The Office', and Brillstein produced 'The Sopranos'.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)