Twitter to be featured in celebrity-tracking reality TV show
NEW YORK - Twitter founder Biz Stone has rejected speculation that the micro blogging service is developing a TV show, but said it has come to an agreement which could see it feature in a series showing people tracking down celebrities.
Variety.com reported yesterday that the San Francisco-based website had partnered with Reveille Productions and Brillstein Entertainment to develop an unscripted TV series that puts "ordinary people on the trail of celebrities in a revolutionary competitive format".
Stone responded to the article on his blog yesterday: "There is no official Twitter TV show -- although if there were it would be fun to cast.
"In dealing with networks and production companies we sometimes have simple agreements.
"Regarding the Reveille and Brillstein project reported today, we have a lightweight, non-exclusive, agreement with the producers which helps them move forward more freely."
The series concept was created by novelist Amy Ephron.
Jon Liebman, chief executive of Brillstein, said: "We've found a compelling way to bring the immediacy of Twitter to life on TV."
Reveille is the production company behind the US version of 'The Office', and Brillstein produced 'The Sopranos'.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...