Amazing Radio launches on DAB
LONDON - A new national DAB radio station, Amazing Radio, which will play only unsigned artists, has launched on Digital One's national DAB digital radio network today (1 June).
Amazing Radio: has launched on DAB
Amazing Radio will replace the dawn chorus of birdsong on a six-month pilot and play new music from the unsigned artists who have uploaded their tracks to Amazingtunes.com over the past four years.
The Amazing Media Group said that, since its launch in 2006, around 15,000 tracks have been uploaded to Amazingtunes.com. The site gives artists 70% of download revenue and Amazing Media Group said has a global audience of around 35million people.
Paul Campbell, Amazing founder, former BBC producer and musician, said Amazing's "ethical downloads" give musicians the chance to make money from their songs.
In addition to playing unsigned music, Amazing Radio will feature new presenters who have uploaded demo voice tracks to Amazingradio.co.uk and all playlists will be chosen by the listening audience.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)