Marmite launches limited edition cricket ball jar
LONDON - Unilever UK is launching a limited-edition version of its savoury spread Marmite in a cricket ball-shaped jar to celebrate the upcoming Ashes series against Australia.
The new version, which will be on shelves from June 8, contains yeast extract from Marston's Pedigree, the official beer of England Cricket. Half a million jars will be produced.
Unilever has launched the Marston's Pedigree Marmite as a symbol of support for the England cricket team in the build up to the Ashes series.
This is not the first time Marmite has produced limited editions of its salty spread. Last year it produced Lover's Marmite, a champagne-flavoured version for Valentine's Day, and in 2007 it launched Guinness Marmite to celebrate St Patrick's Day.
Matt Burgess, marketing director for Marmite at Unilever UK, said: "The limited edition Marmite formats are a great way of getting consumers to trade up and increase frequency of purchase which in turn adds value to the brand.
"The exciting new packaging, which combines the design of a cricket ball with the iconic Marmite jar shape, is set to give the product real stand out on shelf.
"The marketing support behind Marston's Pedigree Marmite has been designed to link cricket with our British brand personality and we believe this will help the product become as successful as previous limited editions of Marmite yeast extract."
The 250g limited edition jars will cost £3.49, one pound more than a standard jar of the same size.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London