Marmite launches limited edition cricket ball jar
LONDON - Unilever UK is launching a limited-edition version of its savoury spread Marmite in a cricket ball-shaped jar to celebrate the upcoming Ashes series against Australia.
The new version, which will be on shelves from June 8, contains yeast extract from Marston's Pedigree, the official beer of England Cricket. Half a million jars will be produced.
Unilever has launched the Marston's Pedigree Marmite as a symbol of support for the England cricket team in the build up to the Ashes series.
This is not the first time Marmite has produced limited editions of its salty spread. Last year it produced Lover's Marmite, a champagne-flavoured version for Valentine's Day, and in 2007 it launched Guinness Marmite to celebrate St Patrick's Day.
Matt Burgess, marketing director for Marmite at Unilever UK, said: "The limited edition Marmite formats are a great way of getting consumers to trade up and increase frequency of purchase which in turn adds value to the brand.
"The exciting new packaging, which combines the design of a cricket ball with the iconic Marmite jar shape, is set to give the product real stand out on shelf.
"The marketing support behind Marston's Pedigree Marmite has been designed to link cricket with our British brand personality and we believe this will help the product become as successful as previous limited editions of Marmite yeast extract."
The 250g limited edition jars will cost £3.49, one pound more than a standard jar of the same size.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)