Ridley Scott unveils ad-funded UGC venture
LONDON - Ridley Scott is launching a project called Purefold that will harness user-generated content, RSA directors, scriptwriters and online aggregators to create brand-funded premium quality online TV programmes.
Ridley Scott...new venture to harness user generated content
Created by Ag8, the initiative is being backed by WPP, Publicis, Aegis and Naked Communications, which have also signed a number of their clients into the project.
Described as an open licence cross-platform franchise, Purefold works by scanning social networking sites for online conversations across all social media.
These conversations are collated and the most highly rated can be used by brands as the basis for storylines that are fleshed out and rewritten by professional scriptwriters.
The scripts are then turned into five-minute, high-quality web-based programmes directed by RSA directors from around the world.
Once online, consumers can become involved with developing the storyline through talking or blogging about it.
The most talked-about stories will be kept and further developed while the least talked-about will then be discarded.
Clients who decide to get involved with Purefold are likely to be charged a flat fee no matter how popular or unpopular their films become.
Purefold’s first clients are set to be announced in the coming weeks and the first brand-funded film is expected to launch within the next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...