Warner to stream paid for movies on Blinkbox
LONDON - Warner Brothers has signed a deal with Blinkbox to stream its content on the video-on-demand website, making it the first live UK service to offer paid streaming for blockbuster titles such as 'The Dark Knight', and TV shows such as 'Gossip Girl'.
Warner Brothers, an existing content provider, extended its partnership with Blinkbox by licensing the rights to stream over 1100 full-length feature movie titles including, 'Body of Lies', 'RocknRolla', the entire 'Harry Potter' collection, 'Yes Man' and classics such as 'Casablanca', 'Gone with the Wind' and 'Arthur'.
Popular TV shows will also be available including 'ER', 'Smallville', 'Gossip Girl', 'Supernatural', and 'Friends'.
Blinkbox has struck a deal with other partners including E1 Entertainment to offer paid streaming of vampire movie 'Twilight'.
Six additional content partners are also offering over 250 titles to stream on blinkbox.com, including Cinetic Rights Management, Revolver Entertainment, Eagle Vision, Black Diamond, Raindance and X-Treme Video.
The agreements make Blinkbox the UK's first premium paid streaming service, allowing users to rent and buy premium movie and TV titles, with immediate access.
Michael Comish, chief executive and co-founder of blinkbox, said: "With our streamed service, users get instant gratification at affordable prices without having to leave their home, wait for the post or download any unnecessary software.
"We've made a substantial percent of our catalogue available to stream on blinkbox.com right now, thus giving our users immediate access to the world's best films, legally, quickly and efficiently."
The new agreements bring the total number of paid streaming titles to over 1400, comprising more than 1500 hours.
Josh Berger, president and managing director of Warner Bros Entertainment UK, said: "We remain committed to finding new and innovative ways to increase the availability and awareness of Warner Bros content to consumers.
"We are pleased to be building on our partnership with blinkbox to provide its customers access to an exciting array of Warner Bros films and TV series through its streamed service."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1