Torchwood moves to BBC One for five-part series
LONDON - Doctor Who-spin off 'Torchwood' is shifting to BBC One for its third series, which will air later this summer.
'Torchwood: Children Of Earth' is written and executive produced by Russell T Davies. It will star Captain Jack, played by John Barrowman, battling to save Earth along with his sidekicks Gwen and Ianto.
'Torchwood' started life as a BBC Three series before jumping to BBC Two. The third series comprises five hour-long episodes.
'Torchwood' fans were given a sneak preview of the new series in February when a 60-second trailer of 'Torchwood: Children Of Earth' aired on the show's website where an extended preview is now available.
'Torchwood' has proved a big hit with audiences in the US and is BBC America's highest-rated show.
The new television series follows last month's announcement of three new radio plays featuring the 'Torchwood' cast and characters, to be broadcast on Radio 4. The plays are written by three different authors -- Anita Sullivan, James Goss and Phil Ford.
For the new television series, Russell T Davies was lead writer on the first, third and fifth episodes. The second and fourth were written by John Fay. James Moran worked on episode three.
The elevation of 'Torchwood' to BBC One comes as sci-fi takes a knock on ITV. It was today confirmed that time-travelling dinosaur drama 'Primeval' has been cancelled.
Last month the BBC named 21-year old actress Karen Gillan as the companion for new Doctor Matt Smith. 'Doctor Who' returns to BBC One in spring 2010.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...