UK's first online pawnbroker launches TV ads
LONDON - Pawnbroking is entering the world of DRTV with an ad campaign launched today by Borro.com, which is geared up to serve customers via post, phone and online.
Borro.com has taken spots on Channel 4, Bravo, Living and all of the main Sky channels in a campaign booked by AMS.
The animated ad was created by Walker Agency and paints Borro.com as the alternative to selling possessions, highlighting its web address and freephone number. The company is also running online direct response ads.
The campaigns, combined with the discreetness of Borro.com's service, will help reach people who have not used pawnbrokers before, the company's founder chief executive Paul Aitken inferred.
Aitken said: "Significantly, a large proportion of our customers have not borrowed money in this way before. The process is simple, transparent and discreet and with the best rates in the industry and we see TV as playing an important and ongoing part in further increasing our profile.
The company was founded last year as an alternative to the retail model of pawnbroking, dominated by chains such as Albermarle & Bond and Harvey & Thompson.
It claims to be issuing new loans each month at a level that is equivalent to the average high street pawnbrokers' entire loan book.
It offers a home collection service and also accepts items via special delivery. It has also opened a face-to-face valuation centre in the City of London for city-based clients.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)