Bauer ditches Ditto.net
LONDON - Ditto.net, the planned film and music consumer venture from Bauer Media, has been shelved following about £1m of development costs.
Ditto: shelved by Bauer Media
The service, which was due to launch in April last year, never came out of testing due to the "shift in the media landscape", according to Bauer Media.
The launch was due to be a major digital initiative for the publishing group following its acquisition of Emap's consumer magazines and radio businesses last year.
Hailed as a combination of music recommendation site Last.fm and online retailer Amazon, Ditto.net was positioned as a social network for film buffs and music enthusiasts that would act as an "entertainment matchmaker", introducing people who share the same tastes and preferences.
A Bauer Media spokesman said the site had not been shut down completely.
She said: "It was due to be a consumer-facing brand, but the best way now is for it to be used to support commercial partners."
The site will now be used by clients as a testing ground to measure how their brand interacts with each of their audiences.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Powerpoint and Infographics presentation designer 30 to 40k+ Digital Gurus £30 - £45 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...