Ocado becomes first online grocer to launch iPhone app
LONDON - Online supermarket Ocado has launched an iPhone application that lets users order products while using the mobile device.
The application, dubbed "Ocado On The Go", gives users access to Ocado's virtual aisles at any time of the day, where they can buy everything from food and drink to books and toys.
Ocado's range of over 18,000 products is stored on the iPhone so that users can keep shopping even when offline -- their orders are automatically updated when an internet connection is made.
Jason Gissing, co-founder of Ocado, said: "We're delighted to be the first UK supermarket on the iPhone -- this is grocery shopping 2.0 and it'll offer a huge, huge benefit to many of our busy customers.
"'Ocado On The Go' is quite possibly the quickest, most convenient and fun way to do the weekly shop yet.
"We're continuing to pioneer online grocery shopping, but this is only the first step of a journey that will eventually see Ocado available on several digital platforms."
The application, which is also available on the iPod Touch, is available to customers from today, but officially launches following final testing on July 13.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury