Married dating website banned from advertising on London cabs
LONDON - The UK Public Carriage Office, which regulates advertising on vehicles across the UK, has banned married dating website IllicitEncounters.co.uk from advertising on taxi cabs in London.
The site, which is a dating service for men and women who are married, was planning a large London-wide campaign on taxis, but the PCO deemed the ad "unsuitable".
IllicitEncounters.co.uk planned to use the tag line: "If you're happy in your marriage, tell your spouse. If you're not, tell someone else's."
Sara Hartley, IllicitEncounters.co.uk spokeswoman, said: "We know there are still thousands of men and women out there who would benefit from our services.
"However, many advertisers have banned our adverts, as they are normally classed as 'adult'.
"The site itself does not carry any mature content, but because of the nature of service, we are often banned from advertising in public areas."
A Toronto-based extra-marital site called AshleyMadison.com commissioned several billboards in the US last year that featured its slogan "Life's too short, have an affair".
The billboards were attacked by moral and religious groups and some were taken down under pressure. Ashley Madison also launched a TV ad at the time.
IllicitEncounters.co.uk has 330,000 members in the UK and has plans to expand internationally.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)