Zoopla acquires GMG's Thinkproperty.com
LONDON - Zoopla.co.uk, the property website, has acquired Guardian Media Group-owned Thinkproperty.com for an undisclosed sum.
Zoopla: taking over Thinkproperty.com
Under the deal, Zoopla will take over the Thinkproperty brand and website that attracts more than 200,000 unique users a month.
It will also become the exclusive property search partner on the Guardian.co.uk website.
Thinkproperty.com was launched by GMG in 2006 and focuses primarily on delivering leads to UK estate agents, which, with the new deal, will increase their exposure to a wider audience and offer a broader range of services.
Alex Chesterman, founder and chief executive of Zoopla, said the business plans to grow organically and investigate further acquisitions.
Since its launch last year, Zoopla claims to have raised almost £4m in funding for the venture and become the fifth most-visited property website in the UK.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham