Web platform 'predicts purchasing intent' on social media
LONDON - A web technology company has launched new software that it claims can analyse social media posts to identify the author's purchasing intentions.
Mark Redgrave...chief executive of OpenAmplify
Hapax says that its OpenAmplify platform can perform complex textual analysis of Twitter, Facebook and blog posts, to identify when the author is intending to take action.
It says that its TopicIntentions functionality means advertisers could then serve relevant ads at the most appropriate moments, to take advantage of these intentions.
Mark Redgrave, the chief executive of OpenAmplify, said: "Social media has created environments in which users can express how they feel, what they are thinking and planning. TopicIntentions was created to gather and analyse this data, so that marketers can cost-effectively identify users and indeed audiences who have expressed a specific intention to do something."
As an example, the company said that current keyword-based targeting was able to identify a web page is about a particular brand of car.
But it said that OpenAmplify could now distinguish whether this content was about buying, selling, servicing or cleaning.
Redgrave said: "By identifying relevant commercial intentions in a rapid and highly scalable way, we are enabling marketers and publishers to deliver the right ads at the most appropriate moment to influence the user’s action."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...