Labour makes Kerry McCarthy Twitter tsar
LONDON - Labour MP Kerry McCarthy, MP for Bristol East, has been named as Labour's new media campaigns spokesperson, responsible for improving the party's use of social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook ahead of the next election.
Recently named the most influential MP on Twitter, McCarthy was appointed by Labour's general election co-ordinator Douglas Alexander.
She will use social networks to build campaigns, such as Labour's recent welovetheNHS activity. She will be building on the work carried out by Derek Draper, who was forced to quit as Labour's unpaid adviser on internet campaigning after he was accused by Tory blogger Guido Fawkes of being involved in an e-mail plot to smear senior Conservatives.
She said campaigning was being done in a ‘new setting'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London