Reality Digital to boost social networking capabilities on Gurgle.com
LONDON - Social media outfit Reality Digital has signed a deal with parenting community Gurgle.com to introduce richer video and social networking capabilities to the site.
Gurgle.com, owned by Mothercare, attracts a core audience of young British parents, from those trying for their first child to those with children under three years old.
Pettrina Keogh, managing director at Gurgle.com, said: "The development of blogging and UGC capabilities [on Gurgle.com] is but a stepping stone for further investment in social networking technology, to benefit both users and advertisers in the near future."
The site hopes that the addition of user-generated content and social networking features will improve interaction and communication between users.
Rob Proctor, head of EMEA at Reality Digital, said: "Today's internet users converse in both text and video-based media and expect a certain set and level of communication tools in any site.
"Given Gurgle's audience, blogging and other forms of social networking are a very natural forum for these young parents to share and collaborate in.
"These new capabilities are creating an environment for parents-to-be, in which they can share the story and build up to the greatest day of their lives with friends and loved ones."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)