Reality Digital to boost social networking capabilities on Gurgle.com
LONDON - Social media outfit Reality Digital has signed a deal with parenting community Gurgle.com to introduce richer video and social networking capabilities to the site.
Gurgle.com, owned by Mothercare, attracts a core audience of young British parents, from those trying for their first child to those with children under three years old.
Pettrina Keogh, managing director at Gurgle.com, said: "The development of blogging and UGC capabilities [on Gurgle.com] is but a stepping stone for further investment in social networking technology, to benefit both users and advertisers in the near future."
The site hopes that the addition of user-generated content and social networking features will improve interaction and communication between users.
Rob Proctor, head of EMEA at Reality Digital, said: "Today's internet users converse in both text and video-based media and expect a certain set and level of communication tools in any site.
"Given Gurgle's audience, blogging and other forms of social networking are a very natural forum for these young parents to share and collaborate in.
"These new capabilities are creating an environment for parents-to-be, in which they can share the story and build up to the greatest day of their lives with friends and loved ones."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)