Satirical Peta TV ad rejected by Clearcast
LONDON - A TV ad called 'Sex Talk' that animal rights advocates Peta planned to air across Britain has been rejected by advertising authority Clearcast as being "unacceptable on the grounds of offence".
Peta's ad makes a satirical comparison to teen sex in order to promote the spaying and neutering of dogs and cats, who face an uncertain future in severely crowded animal shelters.
The 30-second spot, which has already aired in several markets across the US, features two parents encouraging their teenage daughter to become sexually active.
The father says "Get out there and nail everything you can" and the mother follows by saying "If it's got a pulse you should be wrapped around it".
When the horrified girl asks "But what if I get pregnant?", her parents tell her to "pop out all the kids she wants", saying "We can leave them in the shelter, dump them in the streets ... whatever".
The ad ends with the strapline: "Parents shouldn't act this way. Neither should people with dogs and cats. Always spay or neuter."
Poorva Joshipura, European director of Peta, said: "Just as responsible parents would never encourage their children to go out and have unprotected promiscuous sex, responsible guardians must do the right thing for their animal companions and have them spayed and neutered.
"No one should be bringing more animals into the world when so many are already dying for lack of a good home."
The ad can still be viewed online at PetaTV.com and on YouTube.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...