Microsoft looks for a little link-love with new search share service
LONDON - Microsoft is injecting some social media into its Bing search engine by asking users to 'Bing and Ping' by sharing their search results with friends through Facebook, Twitter and email.
Microsoft is considering adding Bing and Ping to its Instant Answers page, and is sending out invites to users to test the service through Bing's Facebook Fan Page.
Bing and Ping will allow users to share their search results with friends by clicking an icon for either Facebook, Twitter or email, for queries like restaurant recommendations, sport scores and flight information.
Curiously, early screenshots show the service not supportive of Microsoft's own social network Windows Live.
Nicholas Kerr, wrote on the Bing blog: "Say you use Bing's Instant Answers feature to check the score of the game, and you notice that your buddy's favourite team has just been beaten pretty handily.
"Say you want to 'delicately' remind him of their less-than-stellar moves with the ball. Bing and Ping lets you share this NFL instant answer through various places, like Facebook, Twitter, or even email in as few as two clicks."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London