First pay-as-you-go Android phone launches on T-Mobile
LONDON - T-Mobile has launched the first pay-as-you-go handset based on Google's Android platform featuring a touch screen.
The handset is called The Pulse, and is manufactured by Huawei.
It will be sold with Google applications pre-installed and users can download further applications from the Android Marketplace.
The phone has built-in GPS, plus T-Mobile is offering a one-month TeleNav SatNav trial for free.
Nicola Shenton, acting head of handset and device marketing at T-Mobile UK, said: "We predicted back in June that we expected one in five T-Mobile mobile Internet users will have Android-powered devices by the end of the year and the launch of the T-Mobile Pulse is a major step in making this a reality."
The phone will be available in October at a cost of £179.99. Users can either pay £5 a month for unlimited internet or £1 a day for a T-Mobile Internet Booster.
T-Mobile already offers two other Android handsets in the UK and says it has no plans to follow other mobile networks and start selling Apple's iPhone.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...