Ex-AOL brand director Ryan to lead marketing at EMI's catalogue division
LONDON - EMI has appointed Timothy Ryan, a former marketing boss at AOL, Setanta and Orange, as senior vice president, global priorities, catalogue marketing.
Ryan will oversee all major releases around the world.
EMI's catalogue division is home to seminal albums including David Bowie's 'Hunky Dory', The Beatles' 'Revolver' and 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band', and the Beach Boys' 'Pet Sounds'.
He will report to Ernesto Schmitt, EMI Music's president of catalogue and of EMI central marketing.
Schmitt said Ryan's expertise in "positioning high-growth media brands and consumer propositions" and his "strong track record in applying digital marketing across mobile, broadband and broadcast" would help the company provide consumers with "the music products and services they want to buy".
Ryan was most recently UK marketing director at Setanta Sports. From 2005 to 2007 he was director of brand marketing at AOL in the UK working on music properties including 'AOL Sessions' and the global Live8 event.
Previously Ryan spent three years as head of strategic marketing at Orange UK.
Today EMI reissued The Beatles back catalogue, available as individual albums or in two CD box sets -- The Beatles in Mono and The Beatles Box Set remastered in Stereo.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Interim Head of Marketing & Communications Brand Recruitment £5000 per annum, Brentwood
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...