Facebook reaches positive cash flow and 300m users
LONDON - The world's largest social networking site Facebook is cash-flow positive ahead of schedule, independent of recent investments, and has passed the 300m user figure.
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's chief executive, reported the social networking site's user growth in a blog post in which he thanked users for their support in reaching the milestone.
He said: "As of today, Facebook now serves 300m people across the world. It's a large number, but the way we think about this is that we're just getting started on our goal of connecting everyone.
"We face a lot of fun and important challenges that require rethinking the current systems for enabling information flow across the web.
"Over time, Facebook will continue to be as strong as all of the connections you make. We'll continue building new and better things to make connecting with the people you care about as easy and rewarding as possible."
Facebook had projected that it would become cash-flow positive sometime in 2010 but the firm has reported that it reached that target during the last quarter, generating cash from operations, independent of recent investments.
The company said that it would continue to invest in the long-term development of the social networking site to "create more value for its core constituents -- users, developers and advertisers".
Zuckerberg said: "We're succeeding at building Facebook in a sustainable way. This is important to us because it sets Facebook up to be a strong independent service for the long term."
Facebook, which hit the 250m user mark back in July, is the fourth most visited website in the world, behind Google, Microsoft and Yahoo!, according to figures released by ComScore last month.
More on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...