Mindshare EMEA chief Nick Waters to become CEO of Aegis Media Asia-Pacific
LONDON - Nick Waters, chief executive, EMEA for Mindshare is to leave the WPP agency network he helped create in 1998 to become chief executive of Aegis Media Asia-Pacific.
Nick Waters: leaving Mindshare
Waters is to take over from Patrick Ståhle, currently chief executive of Aegis Media Asia-Pacific, who is to retire from the industry to pursue a non-executive career. Aegis said that both Ståhle’s departure and Waters' arrival "will take effect at the same time in the second quarter in 2010".
Before returning to Europe in August 2006, Waters was the chief executive of Mindshare Asia Pacific.
Waters' departure comes amid an estimated $1bn global media review being held by Unilever, including the UK account, for which Mindshare is one of the major incumbent media agencies.
Sources said Mindshare is expected to take the opportunity to review its senior management requirements in Europe.
Waters started his career in the media department at O&M London in 1990 and was its international media director before it merged into Mindshare in 1998.
In January 1998 he moved into the international department to manage the Ford of Europe business, and joined Mindshare Worldwide at its UK launch in June.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Project Manager - Central London - £35k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £35k, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...