Mobile gym: iPhone app claims to be Wii Fit for mobile
LONDON - An iPhone developer behind novelty app iFax has developed a new product, which, it claims, turns the iPhone into a mobile gym.
Crowded Road has been developing novelty iPhone apps
The REPS app, which costs £1.79, is billing itself as Nintendo Wii Fit for the iPhone, simply by using the device as a free weight.
The app enables users to set weight loss targets and includes a real-time rep counter, which calculates how many calories have been burnt and alerts users to how many reps they have completed by vibrate or sound. Users can also use the app while listening to the iPod music on their iPhone.
It also includes motivational audio messages from a personal trainer, which are more akin to the drill sergeant from Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket than TV's Mr Motivator.
Crowded Road, the app's developer, said: "Simply curl your iPhone/iPod up and down like you would a free weight and watch the calories drop in real time."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London