Kellogg's to laser-brand individual Corn Flakes in fight against fakes
LONDON - Kellogg's is to start branding individual Corn Flakes with the company logo in a bid to protect against imitation products.
The food giant plans to burn the Kellogg's signature on to individual flakes using a laser and will then insert a proportion of these branded flakes into each box.
If the system proves successful, it could be used on Kellogg's other cereal products, including Frosties, Special K and Crunchy Nut.
Helen Lyons, lead food technologist at the company, said: ''In recent years there has been an increase in the number of own brands trying to capitalise on the popularity of Kellogg's Corn Flakes.
''We want shoppers to be under absolutely no illusion that Kellogg's does not make cereal for anyone else.
''We're constantly looking at new ways to reaffirm this and giving our golden flakes of corn an official stamp of approval could be the answer."
Separately hair-appliance brand GHD has launched an anti-counterfeit ad campaign this week across print, online and social media channels.
The campaign shows that consumers can easily be led into buying fakes, which are practically impossible to spot just by looking.
GHD is encouraging consumers to search for approved stockists via the official website www.ghdhair.com/fake.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London