COI shortlists three for £250m media buying business
LONDON - The Central Office of Information has shortlisted three agency collaborations to battle for the Government's £250m media buying requirements, the biggest media account in the UK.
The new alliance between Starcom MediaVest Group and digital specialist I-Level has made the cut, under the name Smile, and will compete against a GroupM collaboration called M4C and Aegis Media’s Carat, which will pitch in conjunction with its out-of-home sibling agency Posterscope.
The successful consortium will assume control of all of COI’s media buying from April 2010, for a statutory four-year period.
The review marks the first time the COI has consolidated its entire media buying business, a process that has historically been split according to individual media.
This year’s COI annual report shows that government departments and public sector bodies spent a total of £211m on media and £40m on online advertising during 2008/9.
The new framework has been established to enable full integration and is expected to deliver a number of benefits for the COI and its public sector clients, including increased efficiencies both within and across channels.
Digital is expected to play an increasingly large role in COI’s communications in 2010 and beyond, as government departments look to increase dialogue with target audiences while managing expected cuts in marketing budgets.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...