Media Week Awards: Mediaedge:cia named the top agency
LONDON - Mediaedge:cia walked away with the Agency of the Year gong at last night's Media Week Awards.
Tom George: MEC chief executive
The WPP-owned media agency won the coveted award after coming top of a shortlist that included MediaCom, Carat and Vizeum.
MEC outperformed the market during one of the toughest years in recent memory, reporting a 5% year-on-year increase in billings against a market-wide decline of 12%.
This year's 30 under 30 judging panel also selected four of the agency's younger employees in its final line up, which was double that of any other agency.
MEC clocked up £417m in billings in the year to July 2009 and also secured £130m of new business, including the much-coveted £85m Orange business.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London