Media Week Awards: Mediaedge:cia named the top agency
LONDON - Mediaedge:cia walked away with the Agency of the Year gong at last night's Media Week Awards.
Tom George: MEC chief executive
The WPP-owned media agency won the coveted award after coming top of a shortlist that included MediaCom, Carat and Vizeum.
MEC outperformed the market during one of the toughest years in recent memory, reporting a 5% year-on-year increase in billings against a market-wide decline of 12%.
This year's 30 under 30 judging panel also selected four of the agency's younger employees in its final line up, which was double that of any other agency.
MEC clocked up £417m in billings in the year to July 2009 and also secured £130m of new business, including the much-coveted £85m Orange business.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...