Media Week Awards: Mediaedge:cia named the top agency
LONDON - Mediaedge:cia walked away with the Agency of the Year gong at last night's Media Week Awards.
Tom George: MEC chief executive
The WPP-owned media agency won the coveted award after coming top of a shortlist that included MediaCom, Carat and Vizeum.
MEC outperformed the market during one of the toughest years in recent memory, reporting a 5% year-on-year increase in billings against a market-wide decline of 12%.
This year's 30 under 30 judging panel also selected four of the agency's younger employees in its final line up, which was double that of any other agency.
MEC clocked up £417m in billings in the year to July 2009 and also secured £130m of new business, including the much-coveted £85m Orange business.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire
- Digital Fundraising Analyst PFJ £34000.00 - £41500.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Luxury | £28,000 Dynamic New Alliances £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)