Media Week Awards: Mediaedge:cia named the top agency
LONDON - Mediaedge:cia walked away with the Agency of the Year gong at last night's Media Week Awards.
Tom George: MEC chief executive
The WPP-owned media agency won the coveted award after coming top of a shortlist that included MediaCom, Carat and Vizeum.
MEC outperformed the market during one of the toughest years in recent memory, reporting a 5% year-on-year increase in billings against a market-wide decline of 12%.
This year's 30 under 30 judging panel also selected four of the agency's younger employees in its final line up, which was double that of any other agency.
MEC clocked up £417m in billings in the year to July 2009 and also secured £130m of new business, including the much-coveted £85m Orange business.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)