Media Square names new CEO as Parry takes non-exec role
LONDON - Media Square, owner of agencies Holmes & Marchant and The Gate, has promoted Peter Reid to chief executive and said that current chairman and CEO Roger Parry will become non-executive chairman starting in 2010.
Reid is promoted to the role from his position as group development director. He becomes chief executive in January but takes a role on the board forthwith.
Media Square has been hunting for a chief executive since June, amid reports that chairman Parry was in conflict with one of Media Square's largest shareholders, Peter Lynch. Parry argued that Lynch should not have a place on Media Square's board because he does not have appropriate experience. Last week another major Media Square investor was pushing for an EGM to vote on the issue of ousting Parry.
The company said today that Parry had always intended to appoint a chief executive during 2010, as part of a restructuring plan that started when he joined in July 2007.
Parry said: "The role of a combined executive chairman and chief executive is unsatisfactory from a corporate governance best practice but in 2007 Media Square was in such a deep crisis that the best way to manage a radical recovery plan was to create the role on a temporary basis.
"I am delighted that despite the ravages of the recession the turnaround has gone well and it is now possible to move to the far more conventional situation of a separate non-executive chairman and a chief executive."
Read more on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...