Euro RSCG to handle IBM's global digital duties
NEW YORK - IBM has awarded its global digital ad account to Havas' Euro RSCG 4D, ending more than a decade-long relationship with Publicis Groupe agency Digitas.
Euro RSCG 4D will be responsible for all of IBM's online branding, including the development of strategy, technology, design and social media outreach.
The appointment extends Euro RSCG's existing relationship with IBM as the agency had already managed the tech giant's email and relationship marketing for several years.
Euro will work with IBM's creative and media agencies — WPP's Ogilvy & Mather and Mindshare.
John Kennedy, vice president of corporate marketing at IBM, said: "Euro has deep digital expertise, a broad global footprint and a strong track record working with IBM on email and relationship marketing.
"Our current agency partners are teaming with IBM to do great digital work in advertising, demand generation and events, and we are confident that adding Euro to the mix in a lead role will further enhance our digital capabilities and presence."
The size of the account was not disclosed, but IBM's digital budget comes out of a reported US$1.25bn global ad spend.
IBM's digital business win is Euro's second in as many weeks for holding company Havas. Its media agency MPG won the estimated £150m global media planning and buying account for Hyundai Kia last week.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Head of Advertising Operations (Ad Ops) - AGENCY Harnham £40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, West End
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director Stopgap £55000 - £57000 per annum, London