ITV's 'Collision' heads ratings with 7.5m viewers
LONDON - ITV1 drama 'Collision', which will run in the 9pm-10pm slot every night this week, started strongly with 7.5 million viewers yesterday, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Although the audience dipped over the course of the first episode, from 8.1 million to 6.8 million, 'Collision's performance stood out amid strong competition from the other terrestrial channels.
This included Channel 4's controversial one-off drama, 'The Execution of Gary Glitter', in which the convicted paedophile faces the hangman in a fictional Britain where the death penalty has been reintroduced.
The programme's audience grew towards the end of its 9pm-10.35pm slot, giving it an average audience of 1.2 million, with another 225,000 watching on Channel 4+1.
'Flash Forward' on Five pulled in 2.3 million viewers, taking a 9.3% share of viewing compared to Channel 4' s 5.5%.
However, ITV1 dominated with a 30.3% share, far ahead of nearest rival BBC One, which managed a 17.5% share with nature series 'Life'.
The fifth of ten parts of the David Attenborough voiced documentary looked at birds, attracting 4.3 million viewers.
BBC Two equalled Channel 4's performance with 'University Challenge'-based film 'Starter for Ten', gathering 1.2 million viewers and a 5.4% share in the 9pm-10.30pm slot.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)