Think you're unpopular? Find out for sure with Tweet Level
LONDON - Brands and insecure individuals can now officially work out who they are better than on Twitter, thanks to new service TweetLevel.
The TweetLevel index, launched by PR agency Edelman, uses an algorithm incorporating elements such as the number of followers, the number of retweets, and the level of engagement and influence of a Twitter user to calculate how influential they are compared with the rest of the Twittersphere.
Using Edelman's metric, the most influential tweeter in the world is the bitchy Hollywood gossip blogger Perez Hilton, with a score of 87. He ranks as not only being more influential than Mashable, which has a score of 86.3, but the ranking also finds that more people think Perez Hilton is trustworthy than Mashable.
Stephen Fry, who has nearly one million followers, is only at number 18 on the list with a score of 80.4 on the influence scale. Brand Republic's twitterfeed only has a trust level of 59.5, so clearly it can't work all that well.
Robert Phillips, CEO of Edelman in the UK, said: "This may seem like a bit of fun but there is a really serious side to it.
"Too often people think that mere popularity is important but influence and ultimately engagement are what matters."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London