The Independent launches online voucher search service
LONDON - The Independent has joined the growing list of national newspapers to launch its own online voucher and offers site.
The Independent has signed a deal with voucher search engine bview.co.uk to feature its service on the paper's site. It is identical in appearance to the Daily Express's voucher search, which also uses the Bview engine.
Searches can be made according to postcode for deals in a variety of sectors including grocery shopping, eating out and consumer electronics. The service brings up voucher codes on offer from around the UK rather than exclusive deals to the paper.
Speaking about the launch Independent senior online account manager Stuart Keith said: "Searching for vouchers and pre-sales discounts has become common practice in our everyday shopping habits. With this new service Independent.co.uk can now offer our users an excellent choice of money saving vouchers across a range of sectors and businesses, both large and small."
National press titles have been quick to take advantage of the growing popularity of online vouchers and promotional deals. In addition to the Express, The Sun and the News of the World recently signed a deal with affiliate site Greasypalm to launch their own version, Captain Cash.
Separately, the Independent editorial director for digital Jimmy Leach has joined the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as its Head of Digital Engagement. Leach's previous roles have included head of digital communications for both former prime minister Tony Blair and the incumbent, Gordon Brown.
This article was first published on Promotions & Incentives
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital/Ecommerce/Online Marketing Executive Alpari (UK) Ltd Up to £35,000 + bonus & benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...