Paddy Power takes dig at Thierry Henry in latest ad campaign
LONDON - Irish bookmaker Paddy Power has launched an advertising campaign that welcomes all overseas visitors to Ireland, with the exception of people named Thierry.
The bookmaker has taken over the baggage hall in the arrivals area at Dublin Airport for the tongue-in-cheek campaign, which will run over the next two weeks on 42 illuminated posters.
Taking a playful shot at France striker Theirry Henry for his controversial handball last week in the World Cup qualifier against Ireland, Paddy Power's posters read: "Paddy Power welcomes you to Ireland... unless you're called Theirry."
Paddy Power said: "We're a nation still reeling from last week's controversial result in Paris so it's refreshing to be able poke some fun back Thierry's direction.
"It's a safe bet that he won't be travelling through Dublin Airport anytime time but if he does, our adverts will be waiting."
Following last Wednesday's match, digital agency Love Manchester also took a cheeky shot at Henry, spoofing French brand Le Coq Sportif by creating Le Coq un-Sportif t-shirts.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA