Spotify turns to mobile expert to fill CTO role
LONDON - Spotify, the online music streaming company, has turned to the mobile industry to recruit new chief technology officer Oskar Stal.
Stal joins Spotify from mBlox, a company that specialises in mobile phone transactions. He worked at mBlox for eight years, joining when it was a start-up and leaving when it had grown into a $100m (£60.4m) global business.
Spotify has been focusing on developing sales through partnerships with mobile phone makers after struggling to convert computer users into premium subscribers.
Its iPhone App quickly became one of the most downloaded when it launched in the UK in September. The app works for subscribers paying the £9.99 a month fee.
It also has a deal with 3 UK that includes a Spotify subscription as part of the monthly tariff with the HTC Hero handset, and has just launched an app that operates on Symbian phones, making the service available to more Nokia handset owners.
Stal said: "The Spotify team and their accomplishments to date are amazing. Being able to join this group with the vision of bringing music to everyone is just such an extraordinarily great way to dedicate ones energy and passion."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...