Spotify turns to mobile expert to fill CTO role
LONDON - Spotify, the online music streaming company, has turned to the mobile industry to recruit new chief technology officer Oskar Stal.
Stal joins Spotify from mBlox, a company that specialises in mobile phone transactions. He worked at mBlox for eight years, joining when it was a start-up and leaving when it had grown into a $100m (£60.4m) global business.
Spotify has been focusing on developing sales through partnerships with mobile phone makers after struggling to convert computer users into premium subscribers.
Its iPhone App quickly became one of the most downloaded when it launched in the UK in September. The app works for subscribers paying the £9.99 a month fee.
It also has a deal with 3 UK that includes a Spotify subscription as part of the monthly tariff with the HTC Hero handset, and has just launched an app that operates on Symbian phones, making the service available to more Nokia handset owners.
Stal said: "The Spotify team and their accomplishments to date are amazing. Being able to join this group with the vision of bringing music to everyone is just such an extraordinarily great way to dedicate ones energy and passion."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais