Spotify turns to mobile expert to fill CTO role
LONDON - Spotify, the online music streaming company, has turned to the mobile industry to recruit new chief technology officer Oskar Stal.
Stal joins Spotify from mBlox, a company that specialises in mobile phone transactions. He worked at mBlox for eight years, joining when it was a start-up and leaving when it had grown into a $100m (£60.4m) global business.
Spotify has been focusing on developing sales through partnerships with mobile phone makers after struggling to convert computer users into premium subscribers.
Its iPhone App quickly became one of the most downloaded when it launched in the UK in September. The app works for subscribers paying the £9.99 a month fee.
It also has a deal with 3 UK that includes a Spotify subscription as part of the monthly tariff with the HTC Hero handset, and has just launched an app that operates on Symbian phones, making the service available to more Nokia handset owners.
Stal said: "The Spotify team and their accomplishments to date are amazing. Being able to join this group with the vision of bringing music to everyone is just such an extraordinarily great way to dedicate ones energy and passion."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)