Iris appoints Poynter as UK MD of Iris Digital
LONDON - Iris Digital has brought in a UK managing director, appointing LBi client partner Tom Poynter, and made joint managing directors George Nimeh and John Baker regional directors.
Nimeh and Baker will head Iris Digital's operations in Europe and the US respectively, reporting to Iris's regional chief executives Paul Bainsfair (Europe) and Stewart Shanley (US).
Prior to joining LBi in 2008, Poynter was vice-president of Modem Media before the agency was merged into Publicis where he held the same position in Publicis Modem London.
Poynter was part of the team that ran APL Digital and became the account director of the European business. In 2003, he moved to Modem Media, where he led the HP business as well as running the marketing team.
Ian Millner, co-founder and CEO of Iris, said: "Poynter is a key player in the industry having led the integration of Publicis Modem. Digital is an essential part of the integration mix, as it drives most forms of communication with today’s consumers and enables clients’ businesses to work more effectively and more profitably."
Poynter said: "The Iris brand has huge recognition in the communications industry and I am very excited about joining the team. Baker and Nimeh have done a tremendous job over the last two years in forming the iris digital proposition and I am delighted to be asked to now lead the UK digital business and shape the agency for the future."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Technical SEO Specialist - Travel Clients - Media Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Junior Account Manager - Software Support Ultimate Asset £20000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London