Iris appoints Poynter as UK MD of Iris Digital
LONDON - Iris Digital has brought in a UK managing director, appointing LBi client partner Tom Poynter, and made joint managing directors George Nimeh and John Baker regional directors.
Nimeh and Baker will head Iris Digital's operations in Europe and the US respectively, reporting to Iris's regional chief executives Paul Bainsfair (Europe) and Stewart Shanley (US).
Prior to joining LBi in 2008, Poynter was vice-president of Modem Media before the agency was merged into Publicis where he held the same position in Publicis Modem London.
Poynter was part of the team that ran APL Digital and became the account director of the European business. In 2003, he moved to Modem Media, where he led the HP business as well as running the marketing team.
Ian Millner, co-founder and CEO of Iris, said: "Poynter is a key player in the industry having led the integration of Publicis Modem. Digital is an essential part of the integration mix, as it drives most forms of communication with today’s consumers and enables clients’ businesses to work more effectively and more profitably."
Poynter said: "The Iris brand has huge recognition in the communications industry and I am very excited about joining the team. Baker and Nimeh have done a tremendous job over the last two years in forming the iris digital proposition and I am delighted to be asked to now lead the UK digital business and shape the agency for the future."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire