Ricky Gervais's new US animated series to be shown on Channel 4
LONDON - Channel 4 has secured the UK rights to Ricky Gervais's new HBO-produced comedy show, a 13-part animated series.
'The Ricky Gervais Show' is due to start airing in the US on HBO on 19 February. Channel 4 is expected to broadcast it in March.
It is an animated version of Gervais's extraordinarily popular podcast, made with 'The Office' collaborator Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington. The podcast has been downloaded a total of 180 million times.
HBO is famous for producing some of the most critically acclaimed television shows of the past decade, including 'The Wire' and 'The Sopranos'. It was also behind the global hit 'Sex and the City'.
Gervais said: "Channel 4, like HBO in the US, is the perfect home for this show, as they acquire innovative, cutting edge programmes such as 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and 'The Sopranos'.
"Like 'The Sopranos', Channel 4 made me an offer I couldn't refuse."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...