Ricky Gervais's new US animated series to be shown on Channel 4
LONDON - Channel 4 has secured the UK rights to Ricky Gervais's new HBO-produced comedy show, a 13-part animated series.
'The Ricky Gervais Show' is due to start airing in the US on HBO on 19 February. Channel 4 is expected to broadcast it in March.
It is an animated version of Gervais's extraordinarily popular podcast, made with 'The Office' collaborator Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington. The podcast has been downloaded a total of 180 million times.
HBO is famous for producing some of the most critically acclaimed television shows of the past decade, including 'The Wire' and 'The Sopranos'. It was also behind the global hit 'Sex and the City'.
Gervais said: "Channel 4, like HBO in the US, is the perfect home for this show, as they acquire innovative, cutting edge programmes such as 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and 'The Sopranos'.
"Like 'The Sopranos', Channel 4 made me an offer I couldn't refuse."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire