Anomaly beats Fallon to £50m Sony Europe account
LONDON - Sony Europe has ditched its incumbent agency Fallon and handed its £50 million advertising account to Anomaly, after a final two-way pitch.
Sony...Anomaly wins account from Fallon
Anomaly will now be Sony Electronics' key strategic and creative partner, sharing the account between its UK and US offices.
Ben Moore, Sony Europe's vice-president of communications, made the appointment.
"We are looking for great strategic thinking that leads to great creative execution," Moore said.
"To get there we were looking for a new advertising model that puts brilliant people, who instinctively understand digital but who have an agnostic view, at the heart of our approach. Anomaly will give us that."
The decision brings to a close a pitch that kicked off in August with five agencies including Naked, 180 Amsterdam and The Engine Group, all competing in the first round.
The news will come as a blow to Fallon, which has handled the estimated £50 million account since 2002, when it secured the business after a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Its work on the account has included a string of iconic ads for its Bravia TVs - "balls", "paint" and "Play-doh" - that formed part of the defining "colour like no other" campaign.
The campaign broke in November 2005, with the iconic "balls" launching in 2006 and picking up a string of awards including gold at the BTAAs and platinum at the Creative Circle Awards.
The loss is Fallon's second in recent months. Asda has also parted company with the agency, shifting its £75 million business into sister agency Saatchi & Saatchi in November.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...